Monday, March 10, 2014

Welcome Back!

First post in five years.

Where have I been? Where am I now?

The short answer is everywhere. From the Andean mountains to the Arabian Sea, I've swam in rivers, lakes, and streams from north to south, east to west. My latest adventure was a one-week squat on beaches in Puerto Rico, followed by a stint in the El Yunque rainforest. I spent time in New Brunswick. I visited many small towns in Quebec.

I now live and work in Montreal.

Jean-Talon Metro, via Wikimedia Commons

More specifically, I live and work in a neighbourhood in the northern part of the city: Villeray. I am near the Jean-Talon market, many bakeries, fruiteries, and eateries of various stripes. While I sometimes miss the roti of Toronto, Montreal also has much to offer the palette.

I am reviving this blog after a five-year hiatus to share with you my dining experiences in and around Villeray, Montreal. Cheap eats still tends to be one of my main criteria for leaving the house.

Stay tuned, and welcome back!

No comments: